In this series of infographics, ACLED’s Research Director, Dr. Roudabeh Kishi, explores 10 hidden or under-reported conflicts across Africa.
10. Mozambique: A Peace Deal between FRELIMO & RENAMO, A Rise in Islamist Violence.
9. The Sahel and the Merger of Islamist Factions.
8. Post-election violence and repression in the Republic of Congo.
7. Mass demonstrations in Togo.
6. The Fulani ethnic militia in Nigeria.
5. Demonstrations in Ethiopia.
4. Darfur and its armed non-state groups.
3. Burundi: Continued Repression & Targeting of Civilians.
2. Boko Haram in Cameroon.
1. The rise of political militias in the Central African Republic.